8 May 2012

G3 Members Garden Visit

26 January 2012


Donna's and Megan's Places
Tauranga


The first visit was at my place, my garden has been created from what was on the property when we purchased the place. Reusing white stone from a garden bed to make a pathway and straight concrete 1970's pathways broken up and made into crazy paving surrounded by stones. Its still a work in progress but from all the gardens we have visited so far, I can see that I dont ever think you are 'finished' in the garden!
I like recycling in the garden, dividing up plants, composting our house hold paper and green waste and I have just started a worm farm, so fingers crossed my wee worms will supply me with lots of good juice for my veges.  My main focus and time is spent in the vege patch, which manages to feed our house hold all year round.
We then headed of to Megs lovely garden. They havnt been in there property for long so it was nice to wonder around and listen to Meg talk about some of there ideas for the place. Looking forward to revisiting to see the progress. Megan has a lovely big sunny backyard which has lots of potential, large deck areas with areas made into outdoor rooms. Off course we had coffee and tasty treats (wouldnt be G3 without coffee and cake) see our recipe blog for my yummy brownie recipe.
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment